Annual Planning Weekend
March 23-25, 2018
NCVC would like to invite you to an important yearly event. The NCVC Trust (Board of Trustees) is having its Annual Planning Weekend (often called the Trust Retreat) in March this year. It starts with dinner at 6pm on Friday, March 23, and finishes on Sunday morning, March 25, with a Trust Meeting during which the budget for 2018 will be approved followed by lunch.
Old students, anyone who has completed a 10 day course with S.N. Goenka or one of his assistant teachers, are welcome to join for the whole weekend, or just part. Servers are needed to help prepare meals. (Burmese and Gujarati dishes are planned.) All participants will meditate in group sittings on Friday evening, 3 times on Saturday and one Sunday morning.
This annual weekend get-together is our time for getting to know other meditators and various aspects of running the center. Some planned activities are:
- A presentation of the history of our meditation tradition from the lineage in Burma, IMC and U Ba Khin, Goenkaji, early days in India, gypsy camps, worldwide centers and on into the future.
- A landscaping work period for a couple of hours, weather permitting, where people could get outside, help with the landscaping, and get to know each other better.
- Walk around the property in small groups to come up with ideas to improve the center.
- Make some mini presentations regarding history, tradition and older student experience.
- Invite old students/teachers to get their historical perspective and for Q&A.
There is a lot of excitement about the growth and improvements of Dhamma Manda. Old male students have been reaping the benefits of the new quad residence with private rooms and bathrooms. Construction will begin this spring for a new quad for old female students. A new Dhamma Hall is planned for construction in 2020 and design work is starting.
We hope that you will find the opportunity to become engaged with Dhamma Manda and suggest that this Annual Planning Weekend is a great way to learn more about what we do.
If you have questions or would like to attend, please email [email protected]. Include your full name and indicate whether you wish to serve or to participate in the meetings/activities. Also in the email, please inform us when you will arrive and depart, if other than Friday evening or Sunday afternoon, because we need to plan for food.